Sunday, May 8, 2011

Street foods: Peru

Finding street foods is always some sort of a treasure hunt. It is cheap, catered towards local palates, satisfies sudden cravings, and is usually delightfully tasty - even if marginally good for your body. Drastically different from sitting in a restaurant, eating foods off the streets is as much a part of my travel experience. For me, sometimes it even is a highlight.

On my journey from Cusco and around the Sacred Valley down to Puno I kept an eye out for quick bites along the way. Sweet, savory, greasy - you name it - the only regret? I wish I could have had more Papas Rellenas (stuffed potatoes) and Picarones (deep-fried fritters)!

To read more about each photo, roll your mouse cursor over "Notes" (on the bottom right, above the thumbnails).
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer



1 comment:

  1. Love the photos!! Great format, too!

    Interesting how the alfajores in Peru are bigger than the ones in Argentina.

    I'm so full from dinner, but now I'm thinking about all this good food!

    ReplyDelete